Wednesday 18 June 2008

Danish Desire

Winter 1988


The Lake of Love

Frans,
Beautiful, Frans.
We met in that bar..
On that cold, crispy night,
You thought you knew me..
I think that was just your universal way of connecting.

You -
The Free Spirit,
Swedish/Spanish/Danish,
A mane of dark wonder..
Green eyes like no other,
Skin -
Olivy, silky,
You could've been a woman -
You were SO beautiful..
You, the wild wolf,
Let loose in the forest..
Cheek and jaw bones to die for,
A heart as free and romantic to cry for..

That day on the lake -
Was like no other..
We 'felt' in love,
Happiness and laughter,
Lying down in trees..
Happy ever after!
I still think of you today,
and.. wonder where you are in this world,
Did you travel?
Peru?
Around the world?
Have you got children?
Married?
A girl?

For you showed me a love
A passion,
A longing,
That then, was new to me,
You mesmerised,
that night -
Candlelight
On the floor..
In your tiny flat,
Bed with stilts,
Fluffy, warm quilts,

We were lions in our den..
You leapt..
I sighed..
You returned..
I denied..


No comments: