Wednesday 18 June 2008

First Love

Michael, my first love, (1986-88) 2 years of fun, yet insecurities and indecision. I wasn't attracted to you initially. You weren't a classically handsome man, but you were a charmer and a gentleman. You knew how to treat a 'lady', as I was back then. A young, naive, lady.

First love,
Met on the stairs -
Party - Forest Road West,
Loud music, we chatted our best!
Swept me off my feet,
Lost my secure balance,
Took me on a dance,
Dirtied pure white sheets..
Cramped, eastern inspired Bedsit -
Reading, cosy, nights lit,
Playing, laughing, loving,
Vodka fuelled rants, jealous fits!
Flirting with others,
Not me,
Fuelling an anger -
Never seen..
Security with you - never there -
Messy emotions - OW!
Get OUT of my hair!!
One minute you loved me -
Next, you didn't care!
Spend our life together?
No wait, there's a world out there!
First rejection
Crucified my heart,
Tore my world apart,
Knocked me black and blue,
Left
In a darkened hue..
Life almost ended,
Truly comprehended..

No comments: